Friday, April 8, 2011

Portrait of a Young Woman by Cathyann Burgess


Morgan's Hair©2011C.L.Burgess

I love painting from life. Morgan is a regular model I use,(She never looks the same twice!) but this time her hair was the most prominent feature. It is very dark and was illuminated very slightly, mostly again by reflections bouncing off of her shirt. I had a view of her that was almost a profile. 

This is one of those times that I search out, study and admire Velasquez and Sargent for....bringing form with minimum information out of a dark passage.
I only had a little more than three hours of the live sitting to get enough info to work towards finish at home. I did not have a camera...so I had to rely on memory this time.

You can see more of my portraiture work at my website:
http://www.cathyannstudio113.com



Discover Portrait Art, Portrait Paintings, Pencil Portraits,Portrait Oil Paintings, Portrait Sketches,Charcoal Portraits, Abstract Portrait Paintings, Realistic Portrait Paintings as International Artists post daily their newest artwork. .

No comments:

Post a Comment