Monday, May 9, 2011

Young Woman's Portrait by Cathyann Burgess



Another Side of Emily©2011 C.L. Burgess  20 x 16 oil on linen

I love painting people from life.

I know it has been a week since I posted. I have been painting...big things and little things.
But I also have been out playing in the dirt again, this time to remove invasive vinca vine that has been strangling everything else in my little garden. I am in desperate need of those guys in HGTV's Curb Appeal. Really. I am way too old for the bend and stoop thing anymore. I had to rub down with asper creme and have a stiff drink and retire before nine after working in the yard yesterday. 

Joan, my blogger friend in Long Island, said it looks like I paint with ease yesterday, on her comments to my grandson's portrait. I gotta say painting for me at this point in life is much easier than gardening, which I also love. But it is not easy really...just passion and repetition and an intense desire to learn.
This is Emily again. The third time she has ever sat for us. She is amazing. Never tires or falls asleep, which I have seen happen ( have you?).
I began her in group, live, for four hours and then completed her after another four.


People are my favorite subject to paint..did I repeat myself?



http://www.cathyannstudio113.com/







Discover Portrait Art, Portrait Paintings, Pencil Portraits,Portrait Oil Paintings, Portrait Sketches,Charcoal Portraits, Abstract Portrait Paintings, Realistic Portrait Paintings as International Artists post daily their newest artwork. .

No comments:

Post a Comment