Friday, July 29, 2011

Figurative Friday: "In His Corner"






In His Corner©2011 C.L.Burgess 10 x 10 oil on linen  private collection

In his corner all is well. A man content with his small piece of paradise, on the banks of a mighty river, quietly gazes at the early morning traffic on the shipping channel.Life is good.


Ideas for portrait/figures come at the most ordinary moments that somehow reveal the profound yet commonplace. I visit with Bill, my brother in law, and his family each summer in upstate NY and for years this image has etched its way into my painterly database. I asked his permission to take his photo while we both sat with our cups of coffee just enjoying the early peaceful morning together on his porch. He was generous enough, knowing that I wanted him for a portrait study and humored me when I abruptly said"...wait wait...please hold still, this is a painter's moment. Let me get the camera!"


I often wonder if similar moments took place in the lives of my favorite painters Sorolla, Vermeer, Sargent and Zorn. Except for  the camera, of course.

For information and more portraiture:
http://www.cathyannstudio113.com/







Discover Portrait Art, Portrait Paintings, Pencil Portraits,Portrait Oil Paintings, Portrait Sketches,Charcoal Portraits, Abstract Portrait Paintings, Realistic Portrait Paintings as International Artists post daily their newest artwork. .

No comments:

Post a Comment